VirtualOT

My photo
Australia
I am an Australian occupational therapist, educator and researcher. I have worked as an OT in mental health, vocational rehabilitation and a private surgical hospital. I am passionate using online technology to enhance the knowledge and growth of the occupational therapy profession. In my PhD research I am looking at the role of online technologies in information management and knowledge transfer in occupational therapy. Views expressed and stories shared on this blog are my opinion and do not represent views of my employer or professional registration body.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

SEARCH: Swift Efficient Application of Research in Community Health


SEARCH stands for: Swift, Efficient Applicaiton of Research in Community Health. This independent not-for-profit corporation was initially launched by AHFMR in 1996. You can find background information about SEARCH Canada by visiting the website

One funded initiative is a desktop application for service providers (including support personnel) to search for evidence on topics related to long-term care. Although the evidence identified is not critically reviewed, they are rated by level of evidence and includes qualitative as well as quantitative data.

No comments:

My slideshare uploads