VirtualOT

My photo
Australia
I am an Australian occupational therapist, educator and researcher. I have worked as an OT in mental health, vocational rehabilitation and a private surgical hospital. I am passionate using online technology to enhance the knowledge and growth of the occupational therapy profession. In my PhD research I am looking at the role of online technologies in information management and knowledge transfer in occupational therapy. Views expressed and stories shared on this blog are my opinion and do not represent views of my employer or professional registration body.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why OT's need to be online

Most online health resources are not created by healthcare professionals (Potts, 2006). Resolving this requires understanding the value of and enhancing utility of Web2.0 tools by health professionals. Occupational therapists with these skills can lead teams in the implementation of online resources to disseminate quality health care information.
What are you doing to become Web2.0 literate and put quality healthcare information on the internet?
What are you doing to ensure the next generation of OT's is ready, willing and able to take the lead?

Click on this link to read the full report "E-patients With a Disability
or Chronic Disease" (Fox, 2007)


No comments:

My slideshare uploads